Sunday, February 01, 2009

Left-Handed Cutaway Guitar

Andy D’s guitar has now been completed; he picked it up earlier in the week and I’m glad to say that he is very pleased with it. I’ve made another demo video for YouTube so you can see me, making a fool of myself, trying to play left-handed.








I was very pleased with way the guitar turned out and one of my favourite features is the cutaway. When you look at many factory guitars, you can see where they get their standard bolt-on neck and use it on a cutaway body leaving an ugly step; there’s an example below (no names mentioned!).

Their's....











Whereas building one-offs, as I do, you end up with something like this.

Mine...
Beautiful!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary,

As always, I love your work for its style and workmanship, and the sound of your instruments is fantastic - even though I am a couple of thousand miles away.

Luke

8:03 pm  
Blogger Gary Nava, Luthier said...

Hi Luke,
Thanks for the nice comment; it means a lot. I know that you must be seeing many beautiful objects on your site.
All the best Gary.

5:09 pm  
Anonymous nigel said...

nice work m8 i would love a blues guitar that soots me

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home