Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mandolins completed

By heck, it’s cold in the east!

Well, this week has been mainly about completing Brendan’s mandolin and also Standard III, taking their photos and making videos.

Here are a few choice pictures of Brendan’s along with the video.


To say that I’m pleased with the outcome is a bit of an understatement. It looks like it could have been made in the 19th century, which is an aesthetic that I have tried to achieve with my twin-points. I love the Alessi tuners: they work so well, also the combination of the tuners and the Cuban mahogany neck have the feel of an antique hand made shot gun (if that makes sense!)

Anyway, you can judge for yourself.

Standard III has also been completed and I’m equally pleased with it, as much as I like my twin-pointers, I also love the simplicity of the standard model. This one has wide fret wire and the combination of the frets, cambered fingerboard and low action make it a joy to play.

Now, I should be offering this up for sale but I was approached, last week, by John and he snapped it up.

Here is the finished instrument.

And the video.............

I’ve created a new web page with photos of various twin-points; for those of you who are interested it can be found here.

http://www.navaguitars.co.uk/twin_point_gallery.html

As you may have guessed, I’ve enjoyed being huddled over a warm computer this week!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're both beautiful, Gary. That twin-pointer is exceptionally so! John (H)

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home