Saturday, December 08, 2012

My 200th post!

This week, amongst other things, I made the tailpiece for John’s mandolin. Now, when I say my instruments are handmade I mean it!
You can see from the few photos below exactly what I mean!



It’s quite a long process making one of my tailpieces, but I’m pleased with the way that they are turning out and preforming. I honestly can’t say that there are any commercial products out there that I’d rather be using.
The bridge has also been made.

And the mandolin has now been set-up, “in-the-white” so next week, it’ll get stripped back down and the finishing process will commence.

John supplied me with some Siminoff tuners with solid abalone buttons, which he imported from the USA. The abalone buttons look really good with tree inlay.

Something a bit different
If you haven’t already seen it, have a look at this inspirational video “Landfill Harmonic”



3 Comments:

Blogger Wood With Strings said...

Congrats on your 200th post Gary. I hope there are many more to come.

5:43 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gary, congrats on your 200th post... and also thanks! I've been goingthrough your blog on and off for the last few months. I'm a hobby builder just starting my first acoustic instruments (archtop guitars), and your detailed posts are a wealth of information!

1:58 am  
Blogger Gary Nava, Luthier said...

Many thanks Pete and Geoff- always good to know that your efforts are appreciated!
Cheers Gary

5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home