Saturday, May 18, 2013

Standard Mandolin V: complete and for sale

I’ve just completed “Standard” mandolin V (i.e. this is 5th mandolin built to this design).  If you wish you can read a totally independent review of Standard III by its owner here-
And here's what they are saying on Mandolin Cafe about this one;
So, number V has: American Black Walnut back & sides with maple bindings,
American Black Walnut neck with maple laminations and carbon-fibre reinforcement strips
European Spruce soundboard with a bound soundhole,
You may remember that I’ve introduced a thin black line around the soundboard? Looks good eh?
Rosewood, compound radius fingerboard with MoP dots & side markers, and wide gold evo frets

Burr Walnut head overlay with Golden Age tuners
It has an open-pour shellac satin finish.I really like the look of this one and it plays very well too: I only wish I could play better so that I could do it justice in my demo videos! And here is that video:
It’s on sale now at 770 GBP which includes a Hiscox case; shipping for the mainland UK is an extra 30 GBP. If you’re interested in owning this mandolin, contact details can be found on my web-site.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home