Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Peter's Mandola

Peter’s Mandola has now been completed and is safely residing with its sibling. I liked Peter's description of his new mandola, "Magnificent!" That'll do for me!
 I must admit that I enjoyed playing it- already looking forward to doing the next one! I think that as designer/maker (of anything) you should always evaluate what you’ve made and where necessary make modifications the next time around; that’s how your work evolves and improves. At this stage of my luthiery career there are no longer major design changes just subtle tweaks and there have been a few tweaks to my mandola’s overall design since the last one, all of which worked out extremely well.
For those of you who are interested, here are some more choice photos and some of the instrument’s details. Oh and scroll down for the obligatory video!

410mm scale length; neck/body joint at 13th fret.
35mm nut width.
Maple neck with walnut laminations, carbon fibre inserts.
Sitka spruce soundboard with bound sound hole.
Black walnut back and sides fully bound in maple.
Indian rosewood fretboard, compound radius, wide gold evo frets.
Rosewood bridge with bone saddle.
Handmade Nava designed tailpiece.

If you are interested in commissioning your own mandola, you’ll find contact details etc on my website.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Guitarras Jancich said...

Beautiful work.
Greetings from Argentina.

6:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home