Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bad news for aspiring luthiers!

I, like so many UK luthiers, did my initial training at the London College of Furniture; that was in the 1970s. Over the years, the course and the educational establishment’s name has changed, but it is (was) still a place where those wishing to study the art of musical instrument repair and making (not just fretted instruments) could start their career. So, needless to say I was both saddened and angered to hear that musical instrument making is being wound-up and the building sold-off. There are very few opportunities in the UK for aspiring luthiers; so if you feel inclined there is an on-line petition to sign. CLICK HERE

Cheers Gary

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like there will be some affordable homes on the lcf site Offices Banks McDonalds etc. Same old shit Britain going down the crapper. I had some good times there. Cheers Gary I hope your'e well

11:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home